August 12, 2019 Preventative Maintenance
Be Ready for Hurricane Season
Getting your restaurant ready ahead of a hurricane can be stressful and often rushed. To ensure you can get back up to service quickly, follow these helpful tips before the storm comes ashore.
• Make sure all rooftop units (a/c units, make-up air units, exhaust units) are all checked to make sure their panels are all secured without any missing screws or fasteners. We have some customers that actually run a ratchet strap around the entire unit to keep panels on as a precaution.
• Assure that all rooftop rain channels, gutter, and drain systems are clear of debris to prepare against extreme rainfall.
• Check all electrical boxes to make sure there are no exposed wires or open doors/panels.
• Check to make sure all the hail guards are in place on refrigeration and HVAC units.
• Work as a team. You’re likely short-staffed and getting non-equipment related prep work complete is equally as important.
Once the storm is passed, you may not be able to get back into the area your restaurant is in. Working with a Certified Tier 2 service company can give you a jump on post-storm cleanup. The servicer can ensure that your kitchen equipment – including walk-in coolers, freezers, cooking equipment and roof top units are in optimum working condition. Be prepared for the storm and get back up and running fast when you take the necessary pre and post storm steps.
February 4, 2019 Preventative Maintenance
Deciding to make a service call isn’t always an easy decision. Your kitche... READ MORE >
February 8, 2019 Foodservice Innovation
Heritage Parts and the Ashton Report recap some of the most talked about topics ... READ MORE >
April 4, 2019 Preventative Maintenance
How serial numbers reveal a lot about your equipment If you’ve ever called Herit... READ MORE >